tokyo love



He shows me pictures on his phone – busy lights, views from the Shinkansen, a million strangers crossing Shibuya all trying to get somewhere.

It looks like you had fun, I say.

Yeah, but it was lonely. There’s something about Tokyo. You get these automatic faucets and dispensers, doors all opening by sensors. There’s no touching, no intimacy. It’s fucking depressing.

I nod but don’t say anything. How can I? He’s not mine. But my love for him is automatic. If he only knew how I dropped everything today just to see him. And all he had to do was ask.

This and other 100-word stories in Project 0.1.

♫: Barenaked Ladies | Call and Answer (1998)

18 comments

  1. ganda :) galing :)

    sana maging tv series yang 100-word stories mo, at sana wag sa cable channels, sa mga local lang para mapanuod ko hahaha.

    gusto ko yung part ng pagkaka-relate ng mga automatic things na may sensor sa pagkawala ng intimacy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jep: Yan na yan yung dream! Haha sana mag-dilang anghel ka. Kahit YouTube lang!

      Delete
  2. #hugot this got me haha :) Especially when you said that your love for him is automatic :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon: Lahat ata tayo dumaan sa matic! Hehe

      Delete
  3. You and your stories, Nyl. Nothing has changed, and that is a relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Momel: Well you know how it is. Some of us never really stopped. lolz

      Delete
  4. Ah the pangs of unrequited love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2nd Part naman ng compilation mo :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon: Nag-birthday na si compilation nung Valentine's!

      Delete
  6. Woah! The last I read your blog was in 2012 when I became inactive in Blogspot. Now, I have to back read 3-4 years worth of posts. I'm excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Me: Hello! Sorry it took me a while to respond. Glad to see you're back!

      Delete
  7. Citybuoy, ano na??!! where are your posts?!

    demanding lang. :) I miss reading your entries. please update soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a while since I read blog entries... you made me realize (and feel) why I got hooked by it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a while since I read blog entries... you made me realize (and feel) why I got hooked by it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment