missing halves



He says “Ah, but that was a lifetime ago” and I nod.

Sometimes, memories are so distant, they stop belonging to you. I remember loving him, I remember slowing my breath so our hearts could beat in time, but it’s as if it was a story someone told me over breakfast or a short film I saw online.

Yes, I loved him but that was a lifetime ago and I’m barely the same person.

One day, I believe all the socks who’ve lost their pairs will find their missing halves. When that time comes, would wethey still feel the same?

This and other 100-word stories in Project 0.1.

Photo: socks
♫: William Fitzsimmons & Priscilla Ahn | I Don’t Feel It Anymore (2008)

6 comments

  1. this reminds me of those mornings of finding pairs of socks to wear. sometimes, i settle for a non-complementary pair when im left with no other choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oliver: Me too! haha I thought it was just me!!!

      Delete
    2. found a way to solve this however; buy similar pairs, para kahit alin pwede i-pares sa kahit alin. :)

      Delete
    3. Oliver: I try to buy the same brand pero there are always little differences. haha

      Delete
  2. nakaka-emo, pero ang sarap basahin, lalo na habang pinapakinggan with the music :)
    parang monologue ng isang karakter sa isang drama series.

    ...at may bago na naman akong nakilala na musician :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jep: Salamat Spotify! Ang galing nung song na 'to. Medyo di tugma dun sa sinulat ko pero pareho ng vibe.

      At oo! Kung may time, gusto ko 'to buohin. Actually, yun naman yung balak ko sa mga 0.1. Parang magiging study for which ones to expand. Kaso ang hirap humanap ng time!

      Delete

Post a Comment