Odiogo - Voice Your Content


And I thought translating my blog to Filipino was funny. I recently discovered a free service that'll read your blog out for you. You even have the option to publish podcasts directly to your iPod. It's called Odiogo.

It's pretty simple. All you have to do is sign up and install the widget on your blog. This adds a mini-player on each post. The MP3s are streamed from the Odiogo website so there's no bandwidth lost. If the mini-player bothers you, you can always take it out. Just keep the link so that you'll always have your podcasts ready for you.

The output is quite interesting. You get a voice that's a cross between a cyborg and local radio's Dr. Love. I've become notorious for publishing emo posts and I didn't realize how dramatic they were until Odiogo's robotic voice read them to me. It sounded like some strange radio advice show.

This is the page that Odiogo created for me. It had my last 24 posts voiced. iTunes tells me that's close to two hours of my blog podcasted. Talk about vanity.

Try it for yourself. It's worth the two seconds it takes to sign up.

Comments