vampires log on at night

when i was younger, i used to think i'd grow up to take over the world. now, i do it one fraudulent account at a time. all the bad feelings i had from last post simply melted away last friday.

i remember a couple of months ago, a good friend of mine was convincing me to teach. i had informed her of my chosen career as a glorified answering machine and she was a litte upset. i asked her what was so bad about it. she said it starts this way and sooner or later, they've pacified my ego enough to make me stay.

last friday, we graduated from training and the trainer gave out awards. i wasn't expecting an award but i got to take home two. i had sorta made a game on keeping my talk time low and i ended up bagging the lowest AHT award which was really nice. it felt nice that i'm in a place where i can really excel.

i also got an award for quality which is really rare. at times, u either have one or the other. u can either have speed or quality. i loved that i'm the antithesis of what they thought i'd become. all those people who told me i'd never amount to anything, i've got two certs to prove you otherwise!!!

and maybe they are just pacifying my ego but this industry has got me feeling really nice. i finally understand why so many people stay in this industry. at the end of the day, it's not the pay that gives me peace of mind. it's the fact that i was, despite being miles away and technically a minor, able to save the company and the customer some cash. it gives me a feeling of warmth when i close an account and open a new one. it's hard to explain. it's one of those things that u've got to see to believe. like being humbled at the sight of road kill. we are so small. the world is so big. it's nice to know that at the end of the day, i can still make a difference in someone's life.

someone once said i was a credit to the company. that fact alone makes me happy, certificates or not.

so the vampire logs off again. stay tuned.

Comments