thirty wurty






i know, i know it's been eons since my last post. and to think i was so eager in my anger these past few blog days. anyway, a lot has happened. i've read so much, seen so much, so to make things easy, i decided to come up with a simple concept. thirty word reviews. these haiku-esque limited reviews are easy to make, especially if you're a lazy lima bean like me!












BABEL
Directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu


Babel stressed me out but it was so worth it. everyone here was stellar. i love the whole international thing. in the end, i wanted to come home to mother!




LITTLE CHILDREN
Directed by
Todd Field


I first heard of Little Children from Jay Leno. It's a lovely way of viewing freedom and how some people go to extremes to get it. A modern Madam Bovary.





PowerBooks Sale


I went with a friend and it was really fun. I found Murakami books at a low price. Beware though that some books are cheaper/easier to get at National.




VINTAGE MURAKAMI


Perfect for people who want to get acquainted with the lovely Haruki. Contains short stories and a chapter from a book I regretted not buying (Underground). Short but very interesting!


THE GIVER
Lois Lowry


Don't you just love Lois Lowry? Here's another treat for those who just love her style of writing. With a flashlight, I read it under covers all in one night.


Zsa Zsa Saturnah (Musical) - Eula Valdes is a goddess. I am convinced she can save the Philippines. I saw the movie and this totally kicks Rustom Padilla's behind. Even the cheesy song sounds better. (note: it's the one that the love interest sings)





That's pretty much it! I know the concept of thirty word reviews sounds easy but if you're a blabber like me, it's hell! *cough cough* maybe when i'm less lazy, i can finally formalize my thoughts and write something worthwhile.


On the homefront, things are fine. I know my last post was an all out war but things turned out fine. I'm mostly different, I feel I'm older now and a little wiser. I'm starting to write again and I'm hanging out with people who promote that. I've also learned that I've got a knack for empathy.


I'm still confused with what I want to do after graduation. Something tells me I won't be teaching after grad but I'm still hoping I find out what my true passion is in the coming months.


I'm behind everything: sleep, schoolwork, life in general. I feel like I'm holding my breath under water and I'm about to come up for fresh air.


One day, it will all make sense.

1 comment

  1. I have that book The Giver on my shelf to read. I'm glad to hear it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment