Tuesday, May 24, 2005

my favorite song revisited

and so it is just like you said it would be / life goes easy on me / most of the time / and so it is the shorter story / no love, no glory / no hero in her sky / i can't take my eyes off of you / i can't take my eyes off you / i can't take my eyes off of you / i can't take my eyes off you / i can't take my eyes off you / i can't take my eyes... / and so it is just like you said it should be / we'll both forget the breeze / most of the time / and so it is the colder water / the blower's daughter / the pupil in denial / i can't take my eyes off of you / i can't take my eyes off you / i can't take my eyes off of you / i can't take my eyes off you / i can't take my eyes off you / i can't take my eyes... / did I say that I loathe you? / did I say that I want to / leave it all behind? / i can't take my mind off of you / i can't take my mind off you / i can't take my mind off of you / i can't take my mind off you / i can't take my mind off you / i can't take my mind... / my mind...my mind... / 'til I find somebody new

Lisa Hannigan sings the girl's part. It's so touching to hear a song that just epitomizes everything you feel. I felt like Damien ripped my heart out, poured its contents in a cup, drank it straight up, and wrote this song.

Excuse me while I plummet to my death.

Speaking of Damien, I actually first fell in love with Cannonball. It's sheer irony really appealed to me. Stones taught me to fly. Life taught me to die. Courage, teach me to be shy. It's amazing how the opposite of things can, in a way, teach you sort of like how my mom cites our poor neighbor as how i'd end up if i don't get a degree.

I downloaded this video of the blower's daughter here. Right click it then hit Save Target As... It will take a while to download but it's worth it. My favorite part (Lisa's) is so unique in this video because Damien actually sings with her. It's a falsetto rendition reminiscent of Daniel Bedingfield but it's a nice one nonetheless. Besides, it's his band and his song.

There are other videos in The Eskimo Friends, most of which were lifted from Damien's TV performances. Anyways, this site is awesome if you like this sort of music, eg Peter Gabriel-ish stuff. The soundtrack to Closer and In Good Company actually has a lot of them.

Go to Damien's official site and you can watch the official video. Here's how you can save it and then watch it forever!
  1. When the whole video has played, this means the video is in your temporary internet files. Locate this folder (it's different in different versions) and drag it to the desktop.
  2. Download the player here. FLV is this semi-new format used to play videos in flash. Yesterday, Mark gave me a link to Store Wars, a veggie spin on *surprise surprise* star wars and i downloaded it but i couldn't play it. This small application can play FLV files.
-------------------------------------------

had ice cream for dinner. i didn't feel like eating anything else. not really the anorexic way (not that that's the way i'm going) since ice cream can really pack the pounds but if it makes you feel any better i didn't finish the cone. this morning, i had a spoonful of chocolate cake for breakfast. either i'm on a crazy all-fat diet or i'm really depressed.

updates: i got a new server for my website and a couple of ideas that i jotted down in my journal for html-ing. i updated the links section there and i added some new scripts like who's online and how to stop spammers from getting the email addresses of posters and commenters. i also customized the comments link. No comments read "Slip me a hickey". One comment: "Somebody gave me a hickey!" you get the point. I'm not sure but i think 'slip me a hickey' is an Erykah Baduh reference. either that or i REALLY got her lyrics messed up.

the Doctor linking me up has really increased my traffic. So thanks to you Doc and Chris from sophpmoric, too. It's cool how we're all related, us bloggers. :D i find myself wanting to increasy my link space all the time.

i've been in the office since 10. it's 1:00 and i haven't done any real work. Adobe isn't even open. *sob* lazy lima bean!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment